Well, this is my neighborhood, so I will have to put my two cents in.

1. I know the owners, but not well, so I can only say they seem like good people. Usually if you are scum around here I would know it and I've never heard anything bad about them. Plenty of good things however.

2. You were hunting some amazing land. There is not much better anywhere period. It is all about timing and being lucky. Right now alot of people in this area are getting frustrated because the weather has not encourged doe movement lately and the bucks are with the does. There have been a couple of good days, but overall it has been very hit and miss. You just didn't hit it at a lucky time, unfortunately. No matter how good it is in this area, it is still called hunting and not called shooting.

3. There is no excuse for a client to not feel like an outfitter and/or guide did not do all they could for the client to be happy. On the other hand I know from my good friends in the area who are outfitters/guides, there are some asses that you will never make happy no matter how hard you try. Just make sure you are not a person with unreasonable expectations before you negatively affect someones living. If they really didn't do all that was reasonable for you to see deer, eat well and be comfortable, then blast away.

4. Next year I would recommend the Morgan Academy Charity hunt. The land is just as good, the people are great, and it will cost you less money. I know all of us involved in it do all we can for the hunters to have a good experience and want them to come back. Plus it is for a good cause, namely the education of several Aldeer member's children.

Welcome to Aldeer!

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.