Well we have had a hard time getting him on a nice buck the last few years. Last year the Friday pm hunt he missed a nice messed up rack but killed a 5 pt latter on in the year. This morning we saw a rack deer cross but it wasn't one of the two we were after and he wouldn't have gotten the shot off anyway. Well we hit the top field at the house this afternoon after having lots of pics of bucks in daylight the other week. By 4:00 we had a doe in the field and she fed a while then left the field. A few minutes later a doe and fawn came in and started feeding. We watched them for a while and Stephen said daddy there's a buck. Well there's a tree I told him to cut that blocks the left side of this field from my side of the shooting house. Of course I told him to cut it down several weeks ago but it didn't happen. A minute or two later and him and the young 7 we plan to let walk we're in the field feeding. I was hopeful the bigger 8 we really wanted would be with them so I made him hold off a while. Finally I knew he couldn't take anymore and I told him to kill him. Well he turned and fed towards us several more minutes as I try to calm him down. He finally turns right and I hear the dreaded "click" all deer look up and are focused on us now and I realized Stephen took off with the gun before I could cycle a round. After several minutes and me just knowing it was over I actually got the gun automatic makes a big difference and got it loaded without them leaving. He got the gun back and had to wait several minutes for him to give him a shot again. This time when he turned right everything went right and he jumped and we both knew he was hit hard. We waited a minute and I told him we would find blood and go give him a few minutes then track him. We got out there and couldn't find blood hair nothing to trail so we went in the pines. After 30-40 yds we still couldn't find any sign as I'm moving back and forth searching then I walk up on a great blood trail. I knew he was going to be far so eased up another 10 yds and there he was. I spend way too much time and money here doing what I do for the deer but this damn sure makes it worth it. I don't care if I ever kill another as long as the family has a great opportunity to.

Would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobblin turkey!