My occurrence was Ex Parte with no criminal charge or act of violence at all I hadn't seen either party in the prior two weeks.

It was prepared by the assistant DA and signed by the judge at (10 pm on a Friday night) the FIL was remodeling the ADA's house at the time and the judge was a family friend with the MIL. The MIL drove to the judges house and threw a hysterical fit to convince him to sign it (he told my attorney this when it went to court and was dismissed with prejudice what ever that truly means)

The Ex Parte PFA included verbiage for surrender of firearms (I will have to read the exact language as that's been 3 years) and the deputies enforced it I gave them key to my safe and watched as they removed 38 firearms and placed them all in the back seat of a Tahoe one on top of the other (heck I have pictures to document it).

This was especially interesting come Monday when the State Department was informed, along with the ATF and DOD EOD which I was supporting at the time as a licensed handler for each.

Last edited by Shotts; 11/08/18 07:05 PM.

Life is difficult
Science prevails over bulldoodoo and superstition every time