Originally Posted by Reyn
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
When the cops are using deadly force to enforce unconstitutional laws they are no longer cops, they become traitors. They do have a choice to not follow such orders. I will respond with whatever force necessary to prevent such treasonous action.

The problem is interpreting the constitution as it is written. 2nd reads, right to bear arms. That right shall not be infringed. It doesn't mention firearms. Shouldn't the people have the same weapons the Government has access too? Why not nuclear weapons or chemical weapons. What about citizens whose religion is Islam. Shouldn't they as citizens be able to have access to those same weapons wherever and whenever they want? I do believe in the right to bear arms. I do not believe that entitles every citizen to have whatever they want. If someone uses the second amendment statement that "shall not be infringed" PERIOD. and doesn't think it through then they aren't thinking. I don't trust the Government completely but it is a necessary evil in certain circumstances.

The problem with society is as a whole is wanting their cake and eat it too. LEOs took blame for the Florida shooting because they had numerous calls about the shooters mental stability and didn't act. When did LEOs become mental health professionals? Their job is to enforce the law. Determine what law is broken and deal with it. If it's a mental health issue then they call mental health them and get direction on what to do next. The whole "protect and serve" has gotten blown out of what it is supposed to mean. People call LEOs because their kid wont behave or there is a snake in the house or DHRs job about kids living in bad conditions.

A man in a mask is walking by an elementary school carrying an M4. Should LEOs make contact or is he exercising his 2nd amendment? Is he breaking the law? How many parents would call or rush to a school if they heard that was happening? How many would blame LEOs or show concern if they didn't check it out and something happened?

Well said. There is no cookie cutter approach to this issue. This is why it is important to have judges with integrity and common sense when interpreting the law and LE officers with common sense and good judgement in enforcing the laws as they have been interpreted by the court system and not themselves. This all starts with the hiring process and attracting the best candidates. Unfortunately, with the low pay in the profession, many agencies are forced to accept any person that meets the basic qualifications. Then after hiring only the best, we must be willing to continuously educate them. Which again takes money that gov'ts are unwilling to pay in today's world.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.