Originally Posted by Shotts
Originally Posted by Reyn
Originally Posted by Shotts
Alabama is already in this boat not from a “Red Flag” law but from PFA statues. If you being a male are accused by a gf or wife irregsrdless of evidence the local sheriff will in most cases come remove all of your firearms as soon as the PFA is signed by DA and served. This can happen without a single act of violence or threat requires only a female to show up and claim to a sympathetic DA that they feel threatened. No due process no court hearing you will just have your second amendment rights violated for the “greater good”.

Sure there are extreme cases where this is needed but in Alabama something like 80% of these are dismissed when you actually get to court 30 or so days later long after your rights are violated.

So for those that say thank goodness you don’t live in Maryland or Cali it can and does happen daily in Alabama.

Deputies here (this county) won’t take firearms. The PFA may instruct them to surrender them but they will not go in a home without a search warrant. A PFA does not authorize to search a residence.

Agreed but in Marion county I can assure you they will come
In without a warrant, and remove them from a locked safe against your protest. They will throw 38 firearms in one pile in the back seat of a sheriffs deputies Tahoe without regard or interest in you trying to get them to place your $50k worth of guns in cases before doing so. It cost me $8700 but I beat their ass in court an had it dismissed with prejudice which makes it extremely difficult for the same person to file something similar again. However this took 45 days and two court appearances and a damn good lawyer. My only regret is not having sued the DA and deputies after it was settled, but this false claim triggered a clearance investigation and I figured it was better to let sleepingndogs lie but I regret it till this day.

I don’t blame you for being angry. Sounds like you got a raw deal.