Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by jlbuc10
This seems like a baker act type situation. Family asked the police to come and temporarily remove the guns from a mentally unstable man that may have been a danger to himself or others.

Not when the man has been denied due process. There was no evidence to mental condition and no judgment of his competence. Only an accusation from an unhappy niece.

“Those efforts recently led to Maryland passing a law providing for “extreme risk protective orders,” also known as a “red flag” law. Such laws allow family members, law enforcement and others to seek a court order to temporarily prohibit people’s access to firearms when they show red flags that they are a danger to themselves or others.”

Guess this makes me a snowflake, but I’m ok with this. I had a friend that was going through alcohol withdrawals and was having delirium tremmens. He was living with my brother and tried to stab me when I went to help him. Called the cops and when they arrived he told them there wasn’t anything wrong with him and there was nothing they could do. I wish I could’ve got a court order to temporarily remove his fire arms