Originally Posted by JUGHEAD
I still own a couple of traditional black powder guns, but unless my sons get them out to shoot them, clean them, etc....they will never be used again. Smokeless is the only way to go.

Obviously y’all are talking black powder or smokeless in modern guns but I have went the opposite way.

I was one of the first to jump in the band wagon when the the Knight inlines came out. It’s needless to point out the many advantages to them and no one can question the fact they are superior in most way compared to the tradition side lock guns. However I have two inlines in the gun safe that haven’t been shot in several years due to the fact I just don’t see any sport to them for me personally but everyone has different reasons for hunting and the equipment they use.

I harvest a deer a few years back with my flintlock and probably will never pick up the inlines again. My goel this season is to harvest a deer with my Hawkins rifle Dad bought me as a kid.
Tn muzzleloader season is short so if I get desperate to kill a deer, I’ll just grab the rifle it’s far superior to any muzzleloader.

Last edited by boker; 11/01/18 12:04 PM.

boker