Originally Posted by ikillbux
Many years ago my best friend had this redneck uncle who lived beside them in a trailer. He had this aluminum boat (I want to say it was a Lowe?) with a motor that stranded him more often than not. It wasn't a flat bottom, more like a Bass Tracker with a console and steering wheel. He was one of those tinkerers, always working on an old car in the driveway, always had the cowl off that old Mariner. We were over there talking with him one day, a truck goes past the house towing what was probably a top of the line Skeeter or Ranger back then (late 80's), and us boys were just dreaming out loud about one day wanting a big fancy bass boat like that. To which said uncle replies, "I wouldn't have no fiberglass bass boat!!!" And then went off about how many huge bass and catfish and bream and crappie and blah blah blah he'd caught in that aluminum boat. I reckon he was trying to convince us that somehow that skiff was superior. Anyway, even at that young age the whole thing was comical and reeked of insecurity. This whole thread is basically one long "I wouldn't have a fiberglass bass boat". Un hunh, I bet you wouldn't.
well let me be one of the ones to say, i wouldnt have a fiberglass bass boat. Mainly because where i fish, it would be in the bottom of the river by now and it’s hard to put a 50 gallon bait tank in a bass boat. To each his own.

Yeah cmon. Daniel White