I hope this is the right forum for this. I have bitched enough to the man in charge of the club that he's put me in charge of food plots. It was too late this year to do it all right when he gave me that responsibility. I did manage to get him to double the fertilizer this year. In years past they'd used about half what was needed.

The club is Lowndes Co. 2700+/- acres. Lots of clearcuts/planted pines, very little hardwood left except in the "ditches" in the clearcuts mostly. Biologist has said we have very good natural browse. We have numerous feeders that we keep stocked with corn around the property from September through February. We have several food plots. About 25 of them. Range in size from .25 Acre to 2.3 acre. Most are .30 to .5 acres. Total acreage of food plots is @ 22 acres. Our deer seem to rarely use them. We, in the past, planted a 3 way mix Wheat/Oat/Rye. As I said, they've skimped on fertilizer in the past, and from satellite photos you can see ours are not near as lush as neighboring green fields. They've never limed as far as I know.

So, I want to do it right next year, and am looking for advice on what resources to go to, and find out what I need to do for next year.

Thanks in advance for any advice.