Got a call yesterday from a man that had shot his first buck with a bow. He had shot it at 445 Wednesday afternoon. He knew he'd hit it a little far back. He gave the buck an hour and jumped it after 100 yards. After he'd jumped the buck, it ran straight off the mtn down an old 4 wheeler trail. They lost blood shortly after. He went back yesterday morning in hopes of finding more blood in the daylight. He was not able to and got referred to me by a friend from here.

I told him I'd be there after work which put me meeting him around 530. We got on the track around 6 as the rain started falling hard. Spark took the trail and was off. I let her work ahead of us about 40 yards as she worked down the 4 wheeler trail. We went on past last blood, still headed off the mtn. The buck took a hard left onto another old trail and past a salt lick. He must have hung around right there for a bit as she had to piece together where he went from there.

After working that check, she went straight off the mtn again thru some NASTY cut over. My alpha buzzed shortly after to let me know she had found the buck. Total track length was 385 yards from the bed they jumped him from. Roughly 26 hours later in the pouring rain. I was super proud of her and the hunter was very grateful to have his buck. Congrats to the man. This is the only pic I took as it was pouring when we got back to the trucks.

[Linked Image]