So Spark has been getting extra attention from everyone around the house now. She's got her energy back and every time I open the truck door, she thinks we're going to track. I've had to turn down a few guys this weekend because of the situation.

Yesterday, I had the day off work. A couple of friends and I decided to hit the small game for the bow hunt. I had one of the greatest days ever in the public woods. I seen a total of 19 deer. Deer were coming from every direction feeding on the white oaks I was roosted in. About 7:30, I had a messed up 6 point come in. He was quartering to me way more than I thought when I shot him and I had zero blood after the hit sight. I didn't hear the deer crash so I decided to hang out and maybe shoot a doe. I ended up botching a 15 yard broadside shot on a doe.

One of the guys that was there had shot a buck as well. He unknowingly hit a branch that deflected his arrow. He had found decent blood for about 60 yards but then it dried up.

One of the other guys that went with me also shot a 6 point and a doe. His doe reacted to the shot and he hit her in the guts so he decided to give her some time as well. We both got down at 11 to check the situation out. He found no blood other than at the hit sight like mine. We made the decision to back out and just go get Spark and see how she done. I had a tracker on stand by just in case and I was somewhat glad that I got to try her on mine.

We started with the buck I'd shot. I put her on it and she made an 80 yard bee line right to the buck. He didn't bleed a drop other than a little spray at the hit sight. He was quartered way harder to me than I realized but I got one lung and an exit straight out the guts.

We left mine and went to the second. She got on this deer and worked it sloppy. She'd pick it up and lose it, pick it up and lose it. I know we had not scented the area up. I took her up this point that we felt the deer would be in but she wasn't picking up on anything. I took her back to last blood and started again and she kept wanting to vear off to the right back towards the open woods. So I let her go. She went about 300 yards as I followed along behind. She stared barking which is typical with a live deer for her and she took off. There are so many deer in this place, I thought she'd got on a hot deer so I called her back.

We went back to last blood once again. She took the same path as before working it very slow and methodical. I followed looking for any blood. About 100 yards from last blood, I found another drop. Confirmation! She's still working it slow and I'm finding more and more blood. I follow her all the way to where she got the deer up and confirmed it was him.

We decided to pull off this deer as we weren't convinced he was hit lethal and because we didn't want her running all around with the chance of her coming up on another hunter.

We go to the doe that the other guy had shot. We put her on the hit sight and she makes a beeline. We get about 150 yards aND find one speck of blood on a small tree. She keeps going and gets another 150 or so yards and makes a lose. She starts doing circles when this happens. We had found a few other spots of blood along the way, so we took her back to last blood. She starts again and this time she gets to this dead tree and works the downwind side of it. The deer had made a 90 degree right turn, crawled thru thw limbs of this dead tree and bedded down with her back to the trunk. It was a straight up gut shot.

I was looking forward to snapping a few pics to remember this hunt, but by the time I got back to the truck it was dark and we were exhausted. Shes up in the back seat being her jolly self. She is back in business now and all are still doing well. If anyone wants a pup, I've got 7 boys and 2 girls lol.