While on that track, I got a call from a guy I tracked for last year. He told me he had a buck down that was shot low. They tracked about 100 yards and lost blood. I have failed to mention that Spark came into heat one month before she was supposed to. She ended up getting bred by one of my irresponsible neighbors stray dogs. I was expecting her to come into season early October, instead she starting filling out. She was getting bigger and bigger and I have been reluctant to even use her but after talking with some of my dog hunter friends they assured me she'd be fine. I didn't know a due date or anything. She ended up having them as soon as we got home the night of this track.

We got to this track about 8 pm. She worked it like a pro. She got to last blood and the buck made a hard left turn and went off this ridge. He ended up working his way up another ridge and down the other side. He starts up a second ridge and she gets the buck up. She runs him about 200 yards and she stops and comes back to me. I'm worried at this point because she never pulls off that soon. She started acting a little strange to me. The hunter seen the buck when she ran it by him and he felt like the buck would live and I was wanting to get her home because I could tell something wasn't right.

Normally, when we leave a track, she's in the back seat looking out the window and has her nose in my business. This time, she was curled up in a ball and just looked extremely exhausted. When we got home, she just laid down and went to sleep. I did the same as it was near 11 pm and I have to get up at 4 am to go to work. When I got up Friday morning, she'd had the pups, 9 of them. They are all doing well.

I get a text the next morning that after I'd left, the hunter found a pool of blood and decided to follow it the buck ended up open up and bleeding really well and they tracked him by eye about 250 yards to a dead buck. I feel bad for leaving but given the circumstances, everyone understood.

I blacked the hunters face out for privacy. I will not give location away either.

[Linked Image]