I'm finally getting an opportunity to type this up. I got a call Thursday about a buck that was shot right at daylight in a bean field. The hunter said he felt like he'd hit the deer low. He'd tracked the buck around the back side of the bean field and lost blood at the edge of the woods in someone's back yard. I put spark on the hit sight and just let her run it the whole way since it wasn't very far. She got to last blood and made a left turn at last blood and went up into a wood line farther into these people's backyard. I followed for about 40 yards and didn't find any blood. She acted like she lost it so I took her back to last blood. We searched every direction with no luck. I put her back on last blood and she went right back into the wood line. This time I let her work it longer. She ended up getting the buck up at the tip of the wood line which was directly across the bean field from the shot and in these folks back yard. He was bedded less than 100 yards from their house. I seen him as he was leaving and I let her run him about 200 yards and called her back. We didn't find any fresh blood along his escape route. The blood in the track looked dark and stringy looking. I've never seen this type blood before and the buck showed zero signs of slowing down when we busted him. I feel like he's gonna make it.