So I joined anew club this year, 12 people on 1200 acres. Seemed like a good ratio and there are quality deer in the area. I setup two cameras in the thickest areas 8 foot up each tree with a directional mount. Left said cameras for the past 2 months to run undisturbed. One camera was on one side of the property, and the other on the farthest side of the property. Both cameras were high end Covert cameras. Went back to check and they were gone.Called the leader of the hunt club and told him that both sets were missing. He text me back and said "someone had found a couple of cameras and thought they were refugees from the last crew on the property. Even though I put them out with June time stamps that was their rationale for removing them. He would not tell me who got them and he would see about getting them back to me. So my question is what is the proper etiquette when finding a camera in the woods, and secondly should you identify who's camera it is.Before you mess with an unknown camera. I already know what I would do and I would leave them alone, Again they were placed in heavy sign areas. SO my feeling is this was nefarious. I have not been in a club in a while as I have leased my own land until my brother died last year. SO ultimately am I being naive that people should not tamper with another persons property as they scout the woods? Should I identify ownership as my cameras , or is this what happens in a club nowadays?

With politics being a career, a swamp is the obvious consequence