Originally Posted by pcamper
Saban is right on the students. If those morons cant show up for the games, give their tickets to the students that want to go. Stupid, spoiled students!!

Auburn students who get tickets for games are required to use their "Tiger Card" or whatever it is to swipe into the stadium when they arrive to prove they were at the game.

If they have tickets and do not attend, they get some kind of "demerits" or something. If they get a certain amount of these "demerits" then they are not permitted to buy tickets the next season. Basically, they're forced to attend at risk of losing "buying privileges."

Further, they can't sell their tickets UNLESS they also give their personal "Tiger Card" to that student to use to swipe into the game and thus match the ticket with the student card. Jimmy couldn't give his ticket to Susie and then Susie use her card to swipe for Jimmy's ticket, or it would show that Jimmy didn't show up.

It's a totally BS system. A lot of students swipe and then walk around for a few minutes before leaving.

I don't know if Alabama has the same system or something similar. I doubt it. Auburn is totally stupid on this.

When I was a student I wouldn't have attended the crappy games or I'd have left early, too. What's the point in staying for a 70-10 win? Just so you can be there in the fourth quarter to root, root, root for the home team? Bah. Better things to do.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020