Originally Posted by having fun now
It’s not necessarily a turkey gun that is probably what it will primarily be used for. If I aim and put the bead on the neck/head area of the turkey target the pattern is at least a foot high. Thus my statement of having to aim at the chest area to have the majority of the pattern hit the head/neck. I’m feel like this is probably a problem with me and how I aim/fit the gun. I’ve never had a shotgun with a vent rib and don’t know if this has anything to to with it. My other shotgun is a humpback browning 12 gauge 2 3/4 but doesn’t have a vent rib and it shoots where I aim. Just looking for suggestions on trying to correct problem. If I can’t then I’ll just sell or trade it and try to find something else. Thanks for all the ideas so far.

Sounds to me like the gun is shooting high and has nothing to do with you. With an A5 the sight picture should be the same whether it has a rib or not. At least mine look the same to me. I'd much rather deal with a shotgun shooting high than low. A higher front bead is the easiest fix. If you are gonna mainly turkey hunt with it then you can use adjustable sights.

My SBE shot high, so I put on a set of non-adjustable fiber optics and used JB weld under the front sight to make it higher. That corrected the aiming issue and it is no problem to wing shoot with it.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.