I just got back in from New Orleans and it was an absolute blast. There are a million stories I could tell about the idiot LSU fans but since we beat their @$$ it really isn't worth worrying about.

I went with 6 of my friends and me and another guy were the only ones that planned on going to the game. We went to a couple of bars Monday morning and decided to start looking for tickets around 1:00. We can across a guy that had a pair together and asked him what he wanted. Let's just say this guy was a local to New Orleans and leave it at that. I asked what he wanted for the tickets and he said $2000 for the pair. I told him no and we kept walking. Well he runs us back down and asked what we could afford. I told him I would give him $1000 for the pair. He calls his buddy and asks if that was OK. While he is on the phone I pull my phone out and pull up pictures of BCS tickets to make sure the ones he has look legit. Everything LOOKED good down to the hologram on the front. When he hangs up he said he would do the $1000 so we pay him and head out. When we get to the stadium my buddy goes in first to get his ticket scanned. The guy with the scanning device runs the scanner over the barcode and cannot get it to work. By some miracle the guy looks at my buddy and says to just go ahead. Of course the same thing happens to me when I go in and he lets me in as well! When we go to our seats there is already someone in them who have the same seats on their tickets so this confirmed what we already knew-they were fakes! Anyways we ended up walking up to the top in an early where we could stand and watch the entire game standing up. The funny thing is a guy I know was sitting right in front of us so we all had a great time watching the game.

The lesson I learned from all this is I will NEVER by a ticket to a sporting event in New Orleans unless I get it through the box office!