Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Beadlescomb, once I got up off the ground from your backhand I’d tell you these things:

The Ruger American Ranch that takes the Mini-thirty mag, with a low power scope, is hard to put down. It is accurate, light, and works good on game animals within moderate range. They are becoming pretty popular in Texas.

The 77/44 synthetic has some anomalies. Most every one I’ve had or helped folk set up were tack drivers with most ammo but it kicks way more than you would expect. The anomaly presents when guys would get good groups braced or off the bench, but off-hand would miss the target. My best assessment was because of the lower velocity and recoil, the shooter and gun were moving before the bullet exited. I think this (even on the bench) for some folk is why there are mixed reviews on accuracy.

I think the Ruger Ranch is better at the task than the 77/44. I like use a 44 in the deer woods, just not the Ruger.

The plus of the 7.62x39, the Mexicans, Russians, and Chinese will always make sure we have supplies of ammo once the Demoncraps outlaw guns and ammo. The drawback, no powermax ammo for the caliber...Yet.

Goodluck

"If" you could get up

I'd agree with the shooting good off a bench but not while free handing it. That's how my slug gun always seemed to me

We will burn that bridge when we get there