Wow!! What an experience! We stayed in Biloxi and took a bus to the game and it was amazing! To say that the atmosphere was electric and intense is a gross understatement! We were, as most all Bama fans I talked to, calmly confident. Despite what the TV said, it looked to be about 50/50 fans in the dome. I felt all along we would win the game in a close one. Most of our fans I talked had a reserved air of confidence. We played too well the first time to not win this game.

It wasn't a thrilling game offensively but it was a great team win from our offensive line, defense was unreal, specail teams were great. There was a desire to win and this team was not going to be denied. The team knew it and our fans knew it. Now a word about LSU fans.

I've been around football a long time and I know every team has their contingent of tacky fans. As a Bama fan, I can admit we have a few more than some other teams. I've been around some crazy fans in my day. However, I have never, and I mean NEVER seen a more classless, obnoxious, rude, vulgar, and arrogant fan base in my entire life as LSU. I can take anyone cheering their team and even some good spirited ribbing is expected. However when you're screamin at a crippled elderly woman that she and all Bama fans can "suck my d***!" and walking around proudly sporting a "F**k Saban" shirt, and throwing ice and beer on us, it takes classless to a new low. And that was just in the stadium. The French Quarter was worse and thank God, I'm older and wiser and let all the taunting just roll off my back. I heard more smack talk about the honey badger and us being tiger bait to last me a lifetime. The ending scoreboard was sweet redemption!

It was so awesome to witness my team get a national championship! Our fans showed up in mass and it was thrilling to see that confetti fall, to watch that crystal ball be lifted by our coach, and to see the pride and joy on our players faces was just a great thing. After missing the trip to Pasadena, it was a dream come true for me to see it in person. And after all the verbal abuse we had to endure all weekend, after the game it was a beautiful thing to see the LSU fans and their long stunned faces, to see the tears, and to see them file out of the superdome in shock. I offered my hand several times as a friendly gesture of sportsmanship as the game was ending. I did not get a single person to shake my hand but did get 2 "F**k you!" as response. After the weekend around them, I should have expected nothing less. I didn't meet a single nice LSU fan the whole weekend. Not saying they don't exist, but if they do, I never crossed his/her path.

Singing "Rammer Jammer" in the Superdome is a memory I won't forget for a long time!! And it was just a great win for an amazing team.

Now it's back to reality and back to work tomorrow! Congrats to our team and ROLL TIDE!

Dr. B

Last edited by bamaeyedoc; 01/10/12 10:59 PM.

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR