Originally Posted by Cynical
Originally Posted by jaredhunts
What are yall spraying with? 41% GLY from TSC or Round up? I don't know if the 41% Gly is as strong as the roundup. It's cheaper but I think its a little weaker. I put 2.5 gallons in my 40 gallon sprayer and use the boom. It works but just seems to take a while.

Way, way overkill on the rate.

41% of the same ingredient in the same size container is going to be the same, regardless of brand.

There’s actually lots of differences between the cheap generic brands you buy for $39/jug at discount stores versus brand name product Roundup Pro Concentrate, Weathermax, Accord XRT, etc. % concentrate can be misleading as # of salt per gallon of product (active ingredients) vary from 3#/gal in the cheap stuff, up to 6#/gal for the premium brand. So if you apply 2 Oz/gal of a 41% 3# product it is equivalent to 1oz/gal of the premium product. The premium products are blended at facilities that (in general) know what they are doing. I bet your grandmother makes cornbread better than I do. Glyphosate products are the same. Cheap products can separate in solution and don’t mix as well. Also name brand products contain a full surfactant package that would have to be added to the cheaper product

Nearly all herbicide professionals (farmers, row contractors, etc) use name brand products for a reason. The time and cost of respraying costs more than using name brand products. I use both cheap (Cornerstone S) and premium (Roundup Pro Concentrate and Accord XRT) by the tote - 265 gallons each. Both products serve same purpose but don’t be fooled by price and % concentrate alone. Read the labels and then do the math