Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
Originally Posted by GKelly
Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
So a spin feeder at 135 yds + from any stand and in a valley on other side of a rise is good to go? Want to make sure before gets too late to shut it down before Oct 5

i asked a GW this exact question if i have a pipe feeder 101 yards away on the opposite side of a tree as long as i cant see it im legal? he said that is the way they were instructed to enforce it and i would be legal as long as the view is obstructed by natural vegetation or terrain. you cant put it out and then pile brush around it it has to already be there.

I don’t even want to see a portion of a deer on the other side of a tree. I am worried the GW will go stand on a piece of spun out food by a non visible feeder and if they can see my hunting location it would be ticket time. Also, from some opinions stated on various websites some GW’s consider it baiting if it appears the deer are headed to or from the feeder when shot.

Feeder has been out all summer and I’ll will pull it if necessary. Don’t want no tickets if or problems with the authorities.

thats why you use a pipe or dump it on the ground on the opposite side of tree so it isnt broadcast into your line of sight. didnt they omit the part about deer traveling to bait when they rewrote the law on 100 yards +. i just know what the warden in elmore county told me if its 100 yards and you cant see it he doesnt care