Originally Posted by Abbhudson
Originally Posted by jallencrockett
I think that states should 100 percent manage their resources for the vast usage to be limited to residents only on public land. ALABAMA SHOULD VASTLY limit NR hunting all they can on both private and state owned props.
This is just better for the regular guy. However, on fed property inside of state there should be equal non resident and resident access in my opinion.

You want the state to dictate who can hunt on privately owned lands?

That seems like the 1st step down a very slippery slope.

I agree it could be a slippery slope but at the same time it could be a viable option to reduce impact to state owned acces vs federal. I try to play devils advocate in all situations. I personally would want all access to bayou meto to OOS but if I were an instater/local I’d want the resource for me and my boys primarily. Granted there are second and third order effects here, but I can see the grounds of the argument.

Say during turkey season would it be better from your perspective to allow OOS hunters to only access National Forest vs WMA’s? Not sure it’s the right answer from a business perspective but if we’re headed down that road with competing states it may hold ground from an ethical/fair use perspective. Food for thought.