I skip all those steps on everything but something I would be shooting in a competition setting. The rest of the time I don't think it is worth the extra steps if the gun will shoot MOA you can kill about anything you can see with it.

As far as bullets seating with a "springy" feel my immediate reaction is compressed load.

Hard to say but could be something with the sizing I don't know if or how that would make sense if you are trimming afterwards. I'm trying to think about that there is a lot of fluff on the internet but I was taught to make the press slightly cam over and I don't think people truly understand what the feel of that is like. I see naysayers on the internet say it torques the press which is improper. No it does not, you don't cam it over anywhere near that hard. I had people that write or did for gun magazines you see on the shelf at the grocery store teach me how to reload. They all did it that way but all presses don't do this.

Could be the dies I had some Hornady Dies at one time I seem to recall loading some .223 they felt springy I disassembled and washed them out with some solvent.

Hard to say on this without sitting there at the bench.

The first step would be to pull the bullet on one that is long and get out the calipers, measure the charge, look at the depth of the charge in the case, measure relative to stated case capacity, etc. You may just be feeling a little crunch and that's ok because powder settles differently one case to the next that doesn't mean you are overcharged, etc. The length is not a concern as long as the bullet measures long, etc.

I'm thinking out loud here.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.