Matt I have the upmost respect for you and your knowledge around the Ag industry. We will have to agree to disagree on the use of chicken litter. You are very familiar with the property I turkey hunted for years. I was the only turkey hunter on nearly 4000 acres. Granted there was probably some poaching on said property but the population was outstanding in the beginning. Fast forward a few years to higher fuel prices and increased fertilizer cost along with a farmer going broke and here came the chicken litter. The turkey population declined immediately and there is no other excuse for it. Something almost single handy wiped that turkey flock out in a short period of time. One of two things happened, they left or died. When you go from seeing winter flocks of 50 to 60 birds to nothing in a years time something took place that wasn’t hunter or predator related.

I can also reference several other properties that have always been loaded with turkeys then the use of chicken litter came along. The turkey population on these properties are half of what they use to be.

I sure hope you never experience what some of us have my friend!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life.
Comes to us at midnight very clean.
It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."