I plucked 2 20 year guys off an unmanned oil rig just after daylight one morning. Their boat (actually girlfriends daddy's boat) sank the afternoon before, they swam to the rig and climbed the ladder. Their clothes were soaked in gas so they had to strip to their boxers and spend the night on the pipe rig in the storms. This was the old #881 yellow pipe off Ft Morgan, about 17 miles from Perdido Pass. We took them to the Orange Beach Pass and dropped them with the police and fire and went back fishing.

Another time we saw what was either a Great White or extremely large Mako eat a porpoise just South of Horn Mountain.

I was taking a leak off the transom one night while we were swordfishing and a large mako appeared in the Underwater lights just off the props. I quickly moved back into the boat. We had another mako swim under the boat while tuna fishing one day in the winter and it had to be 13' long. I could see the tail on one side and the head on the other and this was in a 31' Cape Horn.

About 15 years ago we had a Blue Angel buzz us a couple of times and then come back and turn straight up and climb. This was really cool to a bunch of College Kids drinking beer and AJ fishing. He was so close we could see him wave.