Originally Posted by Abbhudson
No talk of not letting non-residents lease private land or pay to hunt with resident outfitters though I'm guessing?

No, this is only a proposal for public land. The complaints about public land hunting - whether those complaints are real or made up - have been monumental in the last 20 years.

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Maybe other states will reciprocate when those Arkys want to come shoot AL deer all winter

Probably won't happen but that kind of reciprocal license jackup has happened before, I believe down in Louisiana with saltwater fishing licenses. If I remember correctly, at some point and it may still be in effect if you lived in Mississippi or Texas then your non-res saltwater Louisiana license cost more than if you were from a state that didn't touch borders with LA.

I enjoy duck hunting, but I never saw the attraction of leaving Thursday night to drive all night to Arkansas, hunt three mornings to kill a handful of mallards (because shooting anything else meant you weren't a "real duck hunter" and wasted a bird), and then drive around all day "scouting" or whatever. And I know some guys who did that almost every weekend.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020