Originally Posted by outdoorobsession
I met Bob a long time ago down at Bent Creek. Is he still guiding there? He was a very nice guy. Nice hunt!

Yes he's still a guide at Bent Creek. Yekrut and I have talked with him several times at the convention and he's as nice a guy as you'll meet. I met him the first time years ago at a local NWTF banquet and he hasn't changed with the popularity and being on TV. Bob is like Cuz Strickland in that he'll meet hundreds of people every year but never seems to forget. I grew up watching Cuz on TV when Mossy Oak first started out and had the pleasure of meeting him in Nashville several years ago and just had a brief conversation with him. 2 years ago MsN40R and I were sitting in the atrium waiting for one of the calling contest to start and Cuz walked up and struck up a conversation with us like we were old friends. Bob has been the same way every year he'll see us in the crowd and make his way to us to speak and catch up.

Both of those guys are the kind of folks you just know it would be fun to hunt with!

Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience. Emerson