Originally Posted by gobbler
Originally Posted by Clem

He also said the turkey season recommendation the CAB voted on was not recommended by the WWF biologists.

That's two people - him and Sykes - saying this season change proposal did not come from the department's biologists.

It's clearly being pushed by outside interests to the CAB.

Well, in the posted letter, it is obvious the guy has knowledge of things and his exact proposal was what was pitched to the CAB and discussed there. That doesn't mean the pushing is not coming from the Department, Chuck is not the only one that has discussions with the CAB, whether he likes the proposal or not. There are others in high enough positions with ears to talk to that may like lower limits and shorter seasons. I honestly don't know. In addition, there may be some pushing from Auburn? Don't know, just theorizing! Just to clarify, Matt said it was not recommended by the turkey committee. Every other WFF biologist may have talked to the CAB members and supported the reg changes. I know Matts story is sound as far as I have heard - the turkey committee was not part of the "push" for this regulation change.

That is correct. The turkey committee nor our staff (Chuck included) proposed the changes.