Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by IDOT
Am I the only one, that thinks spending 600 million on athletics facilities is retarded?

No, I think it's insane, too, anywhere. Bama, Auburn, TAMU, Clemson, all of them.

It's not renovation to have a nice facility. It's wild expenditures to measure peckers while tapping into the "give all the kids a ribbon" mentality.

WTF needs a slide in their football complex for 18-to-22 year olds and adults? Clemson has one. Does Alabama really need a stadium that looks like three-quarters of a UFO? When Alabama's is done, TAMU will announce something else to "stay with the times."

I love football and college athletics. But this is crazy no matter where the money is coming from. It's one reason upper deck tickets are $85 or more and a family of four can't even go to the chitty game of the season without shelling out several hundred bucks.

And at some point - and it WILL happen - the college players will go on strike. Argue the "they're getting an education!" line all you want, but when a coach is making $7M or $8M or $10M a year and they're playing in stadiums better than some in the NFL with far better support staffs, the players will want a slice. That day IS coming soon.

100% agree. This is why I'm just not as interested in college sports as I once was. These kids are getting education opportunities not available to 99% of their peers and are pampered like spoiled brats. Then some of these brats want to compare it to a slave plantation.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe