There’s three plants in this picture….all of which would be considered “bad” plants by most. There’re two varieties of morning glory (the vines) and then the plant with the yellow flower which I think we settled on being coffee weed. For the last 3 years I have hand pulled every coffee weed plant I could pull up in these areas before they went to seed….I’ve sprayed them…..I’ve mowed them…..I’ve cussed them…..and they just keep producing more in the same spot. This year I just said to hell with it…..it’s just gonna do whatever it does…..I’m gonna let nature sort it out without me manipulating things. We’ll see what happens.

As it is though……it’s one of the most active areas for “beneficials”. In the idea of it being a complete ecosystem….these creatures are a link in the chain as well. It takes flowers and color to attract many of them. These plants definitely bring that in. They do serve a purpose. Will they completely take over if I just step back and do nothing??? I don’t know……I do know that I’m not hand pulling nary a nuthern. grin

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 08/15/18 09:08 AM.

We dont rent pigs