So, I'm a pretty smart guy in some arenas, but every single time I start trying to dwindle down to buying some electronics for my boat, I just quit because I'm basically clueless. There was a time I was pretty heavy into fishing, but I quit bass fishing years before electronics got so damn complicated and expensive. However, I want to put some decent graphs on my little cheapo boat and start learning. Do you guys know of a good tutorial of some kind (or could you write one!) that will give me an executive summary of what each capability does? WTH is downscan? Sidescan? Sonar? How do they differ and which ones are the MOST important for finding fish on structure? I'm not super serious here (IE I ain't spending thousands of dollars...that chit is out!), just a recreational fisherman that wants to do a little bass and crappie fishing and have some decent electronics to play with. I know I do want GPS functionality that is all I know for sure. What would your recommendations be (one unit for the bow and one unit for the console) if you had $1000 to spend? What about $1500? I am not scared to buy gently used if that is best approach either. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by JUGHEAD; 08/10/18 02:01 PM.

"The only reason I shoot a 3.5" shell for turkeys is because they don't make a 4" one." - t123winters