Originally Posted by bobwallace

Thanks for the quick response Rem. Apparently you didn't comprehend what I asked however. I asked for what was found between AU and the Rev, not a school in Starkville. Since you have the time, please post a link to one definitive infraction against AU that came from that investigation. Again, I'll wait.

I didn't read where he said Auburn directly had anything to do with any infractions. The fact is Papa Newton shopped his son around to several schools including Mississippi State, but then went to Auburn free of charge. Nothing different can nor will be proven. The thing that makes people mad about the situation was the fact that Auburn went on to win a title with a kid that should have been ineligible. That has always been precedent in NCAA cases involving student athletes who are being investigated for pay for play schemes until said investigation is complete.

What precedent? Remember when Julio and Mark Ingram went fishing with that guy and were immediately ruled ineligible for several weeks while the investigation was completed and only made eligible after they paid restitution? That precedent.

"Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters."

-- Archibald Rutledge