I always specify a "full sized car" when I rent cars from our dedicated Enterprise rental car at our office. So I have room for all my stuff and it's big and comfortable on trips. Some times I get the Cadillac or Mercedes SUV or a BWM 3 series or a Chrysler 300, etc... Sometimes I get a full sized Dodge Ram with the HEMI which is also nice on trips.

This time when I picked up the keys at the front desk Monday morning I knew something was strange when there was a note the the "car" was in the "oversized" parking lot at the office. I hiked down to the basement of the parking garage and clicked the fob to see the lights of a Ford F250 4x4 4 door with a bed that looks like it could house a family of Gypsies and the 6.2 liter gas engine. This thing is HUGE. The sill of the door hits me mid-thigh and I have to literally climb into the truck. I'm 6'-0" tall.

So I go to get it out of the parking garage and I had to sit there and kind of plan my exit. One way there was a height restriction of 6'-8". The truck is clearly over 7'-0" tall if not more. There was no doing a 2 point back out move out of the parking space either. This thing is like navigating a battleship on a Putt-Putt golf course. So after a few minutes of strategizing one of my buddies walks up from parking his truck and says,

"Nice truck."
"Oh... It's not mine it's a rental. Ain't it huge?"

To which he says...

"You're not getting it out of here without wrecking it."

So he walks off and I proceed to back all the way out of the parking deck until I get to the gate. At which point I have to make a hard left backwards and I hear a "whump." I'm thinking, "Damn if I didn't hit something already." Turns out it was one of the 6'-8" high warning poles hanging from the ceiling. "Whew!"

So I manage to get out of the parking deck and on the road.

i will say this thing rides great on the interstate and has plenty of power. It is really a nice truck. I have no idea what this thing costs, but it doesn't matter I can't imagine having something like this as my daily driver. I'm starting to get use to it, but still, it's just too much of a pain in the butt to drive around all the time.

Maybe if I had a huge boat or camper or horse trailer or needed to pull some machinery around, but just to have this thing as a truck for the sake of having a truck? No way.

I drove it from Birmingham to Lynn Haven, FL North of Panama city on Monday and when I headed to Mobile today I had to put in $80 worth of gas to keep going.

I love the truck, but damn... I'm getting a 2.3 liter 2 door Ford Ranger as my "extra vehicle." At least I can park it somewhere besides a football field.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Irishguy; 07/17/18 08:40 PM.