Up until a few years ago it was still legal to hunt turkeys with rifles on WMAs in Florida... I believe it was 2010 and my father and I were on a Florida quota hunt... A fellow and his young son drove up in a single cab truck with a rifle racked on their back glass. This guy couldn't believe we had driven all the way from Mississippi to hunt. He then proceeds to ask us if "ya'll do that callin' thing?" I know dad and I had to have a funny look on our faces. The guy goes on to tell us he had already killed one that morning and went home to pick up his boy (couldn't have been more than 7 or 8 years old) to try and get him one too. Then he revealed his tried and true method. "Just ride around til ya find a fresh chop (what he called thinned timber) or burn and you can bust 'em from the truck!" That was always in the back of mind until they finally banned rifles on public land down there! You wouldn't think it, but some parts of Florida are just as redneck/outlawish as anywhere else in the southeast.