Originally Posted by Breadwinner1
It is 100 percent illigal to sublease any company land in albama. I joined this hunting club in perry county.tthe club I joined was legal,But there was a 6000 acre club that joined our club .The President leased it for 4.00 an acre.He had 25 members that paid a 1000 dollars each for
Membership.this was for deer hunting only,then he subleaased the turkey hunting rights for more money.well everyone in that club planted greenfeilds and built nrew shooting houses,and put up their climbers. ,and ladder stands.when deer season started the. Main company.man came
In a stateted the land hadnt been paid for.Them guys lost there money ,shooting houses ,,ladderstands and all of them was lefwith no were to hunt.The guy that took their money and screwed them and didnt pay the lease.the company put up posted signs and chained the gates with diferent locks.I also was in a clup just outside of Mapelesvillie the president told me he had a club in Ataugavile and 500 acres in maplesvillie.he needed one more member for their club both the prperties was owned by the same company. But they needed money for the water to be cut on in the atauaville part so he let me pay 500.oo dollars for the mapesvillie tract but the turkey hunting was subleased. Well I killed 6 dder off of it which was great.But the gamewarden checked me one day.which was all good,and he ask me how were the turkeys on th property and I said it was good,but the prisident had it subleased the turkey rights so I could not hunt them.He asked for the clubs president name and number.so I gave it to him anyway the gamewarden told me i paid my moey so I could deer hunt ,turkey hunt,and fish.But after that year the club was lost.So with these clubs offerfing you a less price just for deer hunting but no turkey hunting the club is breaking the law.Now private land they can do as they wish.Just be aware of how long the club has been established.

A hunting club has the right to structure it's membership and hunting restrictions according to it's own discretion. What I mean by that is that a club can say "members can only harvest two bucks per year" - even though state regs say a person can harvest three. As such, a group leasing a land can say "we have 'x' number of people who hunt deer only and we have 'x' number of people who hunt turkey only." The issue with subleasing is that the landowner is going to have people hunting their land that haven't read nor formally agreed to the policies of that landowner (aka - no formal contract with the landowner). However, if a club wants to sell so many "deer only memberships" and so many "turkey only memberships", they can do so provided everyone comes under the leaseholder (often a list of people hunting on the property has to be provided).

I say all of this to show that just because a club is offering a "deer only membership" does not make them lawbreakers. Investigate further and find out the structure of the club.