Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Then you haven’t used powermax 150, federal 125gr, or Hornady 140gr. Regular 30-30 bullets don’t perform like these three.

I most especially like the “30-30 slow” argument from folks who shoot other calibers in short barrels. I do advocate any 30-30 choice slower than 150gr. The factory 170gr bullet essentially performs the same but has less velocity. Some rifles most especially the savage bolt actions shoot better with the old 170’s. Things I’ve found with regular 170’s is they don’t always perform or expand as well as the 150 regular but in powermax (so far) at different distances the 170’s open up to the same diameter as the 150’s but don’t always make it through, so the added velocity of the 150gr Powermax makes it the mackdaddy for 30-30.

Mr. Clark. My knowledge of 30-30 performance and my arrogance are unprecedented, you just cannot compete with either.

I’ve jumped from 37K and opened at 400 meters (or waz it 40?). flag

Loco, I know you a newbie on Aldeer, but RH is an expert on many things guns and gun related (especially scopes) because he has read about it on 24hourcampfire.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe