I shot a Dall Sheep in 2012 in the Brooks Range in Alaska. We got stranded for 9 days on that hunt due to weather. The first few days on the "camping" trip the sheep was fantastic. After we ate it three meals a day with a little caribou meat here and there that we also shot on that hunt, I got REAL tired of sheep. Caribou is very good but it gets old quickly.

Axis is the best venison I've had in North America that is somewhat readily available.

I've eaten Himalayan Tahr and Alpine Chamois plus red deer on a hunt in New Zealand. The deer was good, the chamois was fantastic and the tahr was down right awful.

I've eaten brown, grizzly and black bear. The grizzly was moderately edible due to its 90% berry diet. All other bear that I have eaten were horrible at best.

In Africa, I've eaten most of the normal game critters found there. They are all good but some are better than others. We ate my leopard back straps and I'd say that was the most EXPENSIVE meal I've ever eaten. Eland, springbok, and Klipspringer are some of the best I've had.

All that being said, the absolute best game meat I've ever eaten was giraffe. We have shot three over the years on safaris and we've had it each time and it is fantastic. It's better than Kobe beef in my opinion. It's kinda hard to come by though.

IKNOWMYPHUCKINGCODEDAMMITYOUDICKHEAD!!!