Originally Posted by JUGHEAD
Originally Posted by Turkeymaster
those boys are straight killas
However, I can't help but wonder if I have left turkeys on the table because my calling is so poor compared to somebody like him? That bastage calls up turkeys from one end of this country to the other, in all weather conditions, with and without hens, etc. etc. It almost seems like all of the stars have to align properly for me to flat call one up in the woods like I want to and it "seems" Dave Owens does it at will, even on Alabama public land birds like the ones I hunt. I dunno. Just something to think about in the off season!

I follow you. But think about this. I know for me, I hunt an average of maybe 1.5 hours at a time. Longer on Saturday’s depending a ballgames. Don’t hunt on Sunday. I don’t kill one every time I go around here due to those reasons.

However, if I take a vacation day to hunt in AL, or 3 or 4 days together to go hunt some public land out of state, my daily success rate skyrockets. There’s more than one reason for that. Being able to stick with a vocal bird, finding the right time of day when one wants to die (very important), and just simply being able to prosepect, cover ground and find turkey. Your more confident, you don’t rush things, and make better decisions.

Just my thoughts. It’s a lot about being there and having time to be fully invested.