Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by BC
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
I have come to realize that you could lay a rattle snake flat out straight with a visible tape measure beside it reading whatever length. If its over 5 or 6ft some would still call it bull crap. Im 6ft 2inches and the rattler i saw was longer than me. He had 18-22 rattlers on him. There was one recorded in louisianna that was 74.5 inches long recorded but some on here still wouldnt believe it. That was me just googling one quick time. In that same google...wikepedia states they commonly average 36 to 58 inches long. So common sense should tell you that it clearly states.....common average length up to 58 inches. Thats common. Nothing special about 58 inches. So one growing another foot or more wouldnt be a miracle. I rest my case. Carry on lol

I doubt anyone here doesn't believe there are rattlesnakes over 6 feet long. I killed one in my back yard a few years ago that was 66 inches long. What people were doubting was that snake pic you posted claiming that a Western Diamondback that two guys were holding four feet out in front of them with snake poles was 7-8 feet long and killed in North Alabama.

At one time, the NY zoological society was offering a $10,000 reward to anyone who could deliver a live Eastern Diamond Back over 8' long.
I heard that several years ago, have no idea if it's still true, or ever was.
But I've never seen, or heard of, one anywhere near 8 feet.

Outback, if that is still being offered,I will split the 10 grand with you, I will find the snake, you catch it...... No joke if it is still alive there is one over in Coosa co. that is at least 8' long, I know no one will believe me but about 5 years ago we were riding Coosa out by the underwater bridge it was a very nice September afternoon, well I look to my left and crawling down the bank to the road is this rattler that looks kinda big, so I pull up about 20' and get out and I swear may I die today that when that joker crawled across the road his rattlers were on one side of the road and his head was on the other, looked like a 8" pvc pipe crawling across the road...

before ya'll start, i don't give a flip if you believe me or not, I do not have pictures, I do have 3 eye witnesses...

The end of democracy and the defeat of the American revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporation's Thomas Jefferson. 1812