I’ve extensively tested EVERY 30-30 load there is and 150gr Powermax is the best.

I feel the Hornady Leverevolution 160gr and 140 gr is better suited for longer range and larger animals. The Federal 125gr “varmint” round actually works real good on deer.

The Powermax holds together, EXPANDS, makes a great exit wound, and shocks the piss out of the animal. Probably won’t be a better performing game bullet in my remaining lifetime than this bullet, its all I use now. I will test anything new for kicks, its what I do.

The performance betwixed Pmax and standard round nose bullets is like night and day. I’ve never recovered a Pmax bullet and the exit hole is almost always the same fifty cent piece size.

If your rifle likes the 150gr Powermax, don’t try anything else. I went to powermax after being a faithful follower of the 160gr LeverE. I started having bad lots and projectile problems with the Hornady so I tried the powermax. The first and most every animal I’ve hit with Pmax, I got comments after jerking their pants off like “what the hell did you hit that with?” You will never wonder if the deer was hit using Powermax.

The 30-30 using Powermax 150gr will kill with ease anything in North America.

Knock that rear sight out and put in a Skinner Dovetail peep.

http://www.skinnersights.com/barrel_mount_6.html

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 06/11/18 11:43 PM.