I have been shooting a 20 gauge 870 compact for the past few years with Federal Heavyweight 7s and recently Apex 9s (both 3"). I love the gun and have killed a lot of turkeys with it, but I wanted to pick up a dedicated semi-auto turkey gun and came across an ATA CY auto 12 gauge turkey for $300 at Academy (link below) setup with everything I was looking for (sub 6.75lbs, 20 ga, short barrel, pistol grip, drilled/tapped/rail, semi, gas) except it being a 12 gauge in lieu of 20. I couldn't say no to the $300 price tag and picked up the gun.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ata+cy+12+gauge+turkey+academy&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS750US750&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiT_bu-3cTbAhVF4qwKHejfCe4Q_AUICygC&biw=1536&bih=760#imgrc=EQvqcLyBUXwXhM:

I will keep the 870 setup to continue to use myself as a backup or a loaner to anyone that I bring with me. I want to keep the recoil to that of the currently 870 setup or less.

I don't intend on handloading TSS, but want to shoot it so I will likely be purchasing some loads from Apex. I like my patterns to be between 50%/50% and 60%/40% in the 10" and 20" circles, respectively. I don't intend on shooting at turkeys beyond 40-45 yards, but want the gun to kill turkeys further in case I misjudge a distance. The gun is only chambered for 3" shells (no issue here as I see 3.5" TSS loaded shells as a waste).

I'm leaning toward shooting 1.5oz of 9s or 2oz of 9s or 8s in their 3" shells. Any opinions or suggestions here? Also has anyone found a good choke to shoot #8/9 TSS through this gun with? From what I can tell it is basically the old Weatherby SA-459 model with a little longer barrel.