funniest ever was a doctor from NC that I guided for Stagshead Lodge in Greene Co under Wayne Fears. The doc had scouted on his own the afternoon before and found a "flock" of gobblers that gobbled at fly up. They were roosted right on the edge of a 1 acre greenfield. Wayne and I agreed it was prolly a bunch of jakes, but Wayne said to take him to them. At daylight we were set up a couple of steps off the field in some honeysuckle. The birds gobbled good and pitched down into the field at my calling, but down the field and out of sight around a small curve. I called and here they came single file. I told the doc to aim at a big ant hill 20 yards out in the field. When the lead bird got within a few feet of the ant hill I told him to shoot. He did. dead bird.

He asked why I made him aim at the ant hill.

Now most experienced hunters know a bird won't walk close by the cover, but a few yards out in the field...kinda like where the ant hill was. I also knew I wasn't going to guide this fella the next day when he hunted with another guide from Pickens Co.

Soooo...I told him I MADE those birds go to the ant hill by my calling...that a REAL master turkey hunter could make any bird go to anywhere he wanted that bird to go. Kinda like Minnesota Fats controlling the cue ball.

Next day the other guide called a bird to the property line fence where the bird hung up and wouldn't budge. Doc proceeded to tell his guide that Troy would of made that gobbler come like on a string!!!!!!!

The Pickens Co fella didn't see the humor in what I had done....

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one