Tough day. I launched in Mud Creek at about 8AM. I wanted to focues on the upper end of the lake.

I spent the majority of my time in Mud Creek. I have determined that all the shoreline grass is ornamental and not worth fishing at all. I managed two out of the grass on swim jigs. Water temps in the creek ranged from 80-82. There were lots of shad and tons of stumps, grass, and laydowns. Just not a lot of fish.

The main lake seemed like a dare. It was as if God or whomever had created a lake knowing you had a lower unit and wanted to test your nerve/bravery. I ran down to some big pocket on the right and fished some docks and some islands. Main river was full of floaters and idiots. Water temps on main river were 75-77.

I ran into a pocket above Mud Creek to see if there was any grass in there. The water temps were 88+. Turned around and left.

I was the only one at the Mud Creek launch. Nice facility out of the way if yall are looking for a place to launch. I might have had 8 lbs with my best 5. Didn't catch many and just tried to cover a lot of water. Going back next weekend. Trying to decide if I'm going to the lower end and fishing shallow or fishing deep.

"The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing... compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."

Joan Robinson