Originally Posted by Rebelman
Originally Posted by WildlifeBiologist
Rebelman left Rayonier for a new job. Rayonier hunting lease program was poorly run before Rebelman got there. Brad improved things significantly but the Rayonier corporate structure limited what he could do. Their hunting lease program still pales in comparison with better managed companies such as RMS, Potlatch and Westervelt.

I appreciate the comment but I’ll have to disagree with you one thing. Only Westervelt has a better managed hunting program out of those listed. They are the only ones with wildlife biologists on staff, alter harvesting schedules, and have an excellent geography for prime hunting.

RMS and Potlatch are well run companies and I respect them greatly. But neither have dedicated staff to handle hunting issues. Both use secretary staff to issue leases.

Let's agree to disagree on that point. Before Rayonier hired you, I dealt with Rayonier answering machines and secretaries. Mostly answering machines. All my leases with RMS and Potlatch are handled by a forester who is primary contact. Maybe I just got lucky in regions where I lease. Regardless, any timber company would be fortunate to have you managing their hunting leases. Like I said to the OP, a good forester and/or biologist can make it a pleasant experience.

Last edited by WildlifeBiologist; 05/07/18 07:55 PM.

Micah 6:8