Originally Posted by Hogwild
Originally Posted by BhamFred
Originally Posted by Thefofive
But as the stuborn-ass older guys fade away, an upcoming crop of younger and more conservation-oriented hunters will be coming along

But here's my point... the younger outdoorsmen are better conservationist than my generation was or is. They will take better care of this earth than my generation has.

this^^^ is an unmitigated load of shitt. I'm 67 and it has been my generation and that before me that were "conserving" and building Alabamas deer herds. The state of Alabama and the damn millineals didn't and haven't done a damn thing. It was older landowners and hunters that built the hers up.

Younger , newer hunters embraced the states mandate to kill the snot out of does and here we are now. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

I whole-heartedly agree!!
Some are mistaking an elitist Trophy Hunter/Fisherman attitude as a Conservationist.

BhamFred & Hogwild, I can't believe y'all would say something like that!! BUT, y'all are 100% correct!!

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope