Originally Posted by Out back
I have to admit the EMAs across the state have gotten much better about the warnings. They've stopped crying wolf everytime the sky turned cloudy. I think James Spann had a lot to with correcting that problem. For a while they was blowing them stupid sirens for every mild rain event. It got so silly that nobody even paid attention to them.

Ol' Doppler Dan Satterfield, that used to be on Channel 19 up here, was famous for issuing his own Tornado Warnings until the NWS slapped his hand. Congress gave the power to issue warnings to the NWS and ONLY the NWS. Ol' Dan Satterfield thought he was the greatest weatherman ever to live and had people so complacent due to his crying wolf so much that we never listened to him. He's somewhere in TN now, I believe, and I'm glad we're rid of him.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member