I have waited a LONG time to make this post. 6 years to be exact. But at the end of my 6th turkey season, I finally killed a bird! Went to a place I'd heard a bird gobble last week, albeit a long way off. Got there this morning and went to my listening spot. It got daylight and I'd not heard a peep, so I sat down, did some soft calling and then a flydown, beating my hat on the ground. Waited a bit, then did some soft clucking and yelping and scratching in the leaves a couple of different times. Finally heard a hen about 100yds out. She came in followed by 2 jakes, totally silent other than a couple of light yelps from the hen. After a bit, they wandered off, so I scratched in the leaves a bit and they came back. I decided that if one of the jakes gave me a shot, I'd take it. After what seemed like an eternity (probably 4 or 5 minutes), they wandered into range and I shot the bigger of the 2. I'm pretty sure I covered the 30yds between me and him in about 3 steps to get a foot on his neck.

There may have been tears.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by GomerPyle; 04/29/18 12:44 PM.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft