. KInd of like the old belief that you should kill all spikes because they were inferior. That came from game managers and biologists too and it has been repeatedly proven false over the years

Exactly. I remember the condescending way people like myself were talked to by biologists when we used to state that the rut was occurring in late January and into February on our land in south Alabama. We were treated like a half retarded child that had wandered into a conversation about the moon and then suggested it was made of green cheese. No, they said, what we were seeing was a mild secondary rut. The main rut was occurring in mid December. And they knew this because.....well.....I guess they had read a book about it. And that's what the book said.

And then somebody finally conducted an actual study and found out.......the average date of conception for does in my region of Alabama was the first week of February. Gee, imagine that.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren