I like the Ovis game bags. They are a synthetic, lightweight material, but very strong. I have two sets and have used both multiple times. I think I'm on my 6th year with one set. I just soak the bloody ones in a 5 gallon bucket for a few days and then put in washing machine and hang dry.

Camofire puts them up a few times a month, so check in there. There are deer and elk sized. I prefer the bigger ones, even for deer. You can get them for around $40-45.

Those game bags will not keep your pack from getting bloody, so use garbage bags if you are worried about that. I just hose my pack out when I'm done. I like to let those quarters breath too, which I feel like is a problem with garbage bags.

Get a good pack and good boots. Get used to carrying a load. I packed a whole quartered deer in one trip last year. I hadn't done that in a long time and thought I'd try it again. Next time, I'll make two trips. shocked

I have a badlands 2200 pack. Its the older version. Its been a beast, fits me well. I'm thinking about upgrading but it hasn't let me down yet.

Public Land Owner