I won't mention names or any specific info to identify the school.
But, there was a study, not long ago, conducted on a military installation in Alabama.
This concluded that 70% of our newborn fawns were killed by coyotes.
I had some questions that went unanswered.
First of all, there was 11 pregnant female whitetails abducted by a group of college students who implanted a GPS tracker in the fetus. Then they tracked the births and found 7 of them dead, with coyotes eating 6 of the carcasses.
They then proclaimed that 70% of fawns are being killed by coyotes.
My questions were,:
1. How many was stillborn due to the trauma of being abducted and molested by a gang of graduate students?
2. How do we determine the fawns we're killed by coyotes? I mean coyotes are scavengers, they're happy to eat a dead carcass anytime they find one.
3. What evidence was used to determine how the fawns died?
I spend most of my time in the woods and on the farm. I don't find evidence that coyotes are killing deer, not in any great number.
I'm not stupid, I know the Coyote is a predator, but he's also a scavenger, very eager to partake of any dead animal he finds.
So, I say all this, to say that the elusive deer survey was just as much bullschit as this bogus coyote predation study.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.